The best part about sewing, quilting, or any kind of crafting really is the personalization you can add to any project. And why not take that personalization to the next level by investing in a monogram machine? A monogram machine allows you to create perfect lettering without struggling with a basic sewing machine. Monogram machines can embroider almost any fabric, allowing you to add a unique touch to pants, blankets, backpacks, or even sheet sets. Owning your own monogram machine allows you to not only add lettering to your projects but also unique designs and patterns to give any sewing project that added touch of creativity.
What to Keep in Mind
A monogram machine is a heavy investment, but it’s well worth the cost once you consider its unique features and reliable design. A good monogram machine will last you for years to come and will hold a cherished place in your sewing room for all of those projects that need that added personal touch, from baby blankets to canvas bags and everything in between. Keep in mind: monogram machines do have a bit of a learning curve, so make sure to read the manual and look up online tutorials to save yourself a bit of headache when first setting up the machine!
Without further ado, here are the best monogram machines for beginners.
|SINGER | Legacy SE300 Portable Sewing and Embroidery Machine||$984.20||Read Reviews On Amazon|
|Brother Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine, SE1900||$999.00||Read Reviews On Amazon|
|Singer XL-420 Sewing and Embroidery Machine||$684.03||Read Reviews On Amazon|
|Brother Embroidery Machine, PE800||$597.48||Read Reviews On Amazon|
|Brother Sewing Machine, SE600, Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine||$309.99||Read Reviews On Amazon|
Our Favorite Monogram Machines In 2019
This is a good basic embroidery and sewing machine for anyone looking to explore what monogramming has to offer without investing in a full embroidery machine. With 250 built-in stitches to choose from, this machine is easily the best option for anyone looking to play around with stitches without becoming too invested in the process. The small and large embroidery hoops offer a wider amount of space to experiment in, making it perfect for those oversized projects. As one reviewer noted, “love it. smooth sewing. automatic tracking, auto threading, auto thread cutting. speed control plus embroidery. all the things I need to do my quilts and more.” While this machine may be overwhelming for anyone looking to just start out on their monogramming journey, with practice and patience this will easily become a staple of your crafting table.
- SINGER SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Legacy SE300 Portable Sewing Machine has 250 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Legacy SE300 has extra-large embroidery area, snap-on embroidery hoops, usb stick embroidery design transfer, bobbin winding while embroidering, upper thread sensor, 10 snap-on presser feet, 200 embroidery designs + 6 alphabet options which expands your creative and monogramming possibilities
- HIGH SEWING AND EMBROIDERY SPEED: The SINGER Legacy SE300 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 800 stitches-per-minute and 700 embroidery stitches per minute, and so projects can be sewn quickly
- SEWING AND EMBROIDERY MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with large and small embroidery hoop, all-purpose foot, satin stitch foot, overcasting foot, blind hem foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot with underplate, straight stitch foot, button sewing foot, open toe foot
The large touch screen and color options make this a great sewing machine for anyone daunted by the idea of a full monogram machine. With 138 designs to choose from, this combination embroidery and sewing machine are perfect for anyone looking to test the waters before diving into monogramming headfirst. As one reviewer notes, “The instruction manual is easy to follow and has provided me with directions on how to use each feature,” making it ideal for anyone looking for step-by-step instructions on how to run an embroidery or monogram machine. While this sewing machine is on the pricier side, the durable design and added features are well worth the additional cost, as is the oversized embroidery field, which allows you to experiment with larger designs and wording without worrying about running out of space.
- COMBINATION SEWING & EMBROIDERY: The SE-1900 is the perfect multipurpose sewing and embroidery machine that is easy to use and packed with features
- LARGE COLOR LCD TOUCHSCREEN: This embroidery machine features a 3.2" Sew Smart color touchscreen that lets you preview and edit
- EXPANSIVE 5" x 7" EMBROIDERY FIELD: The SE1900 computerized sewing and embroidery machine provides a 5" x 7" embroidery field for larger designs
- 240 BUILT-IN SEWING STITCHES: The Brother letter embroidery machine includes 10 frame shapes, 11 fonts (7 English, 3 Japanese, 1 Cyrillic) for monogramming, and multiple import options
- 8 VERSATILE SEWING FEET: The SE1900 comes with buttonhole, overcasting, monogramming, zipper, zigzag, blind stitch, button fitting, and embroidery feet
This is a great option for anyone looking for the perks of an embroidery machine without giving up on the features of a basic sewing machine. The versatility of this machine makes it a great investment for beginners and advanced embroiderers alike. The design system is far from intuitive, so keep that in mind when looking at this machine. Once you adjust to the simple stitch style, though, you’re sure to fall in love with this machine like one reviewer, who noted that the Singer XL-420 Sewing and Embroidery Machine is“A great machine for the price. It embroiders and sews beautifully.” With 200 built-in designs to choose from, this is a great investment for anyone who has monogrammed once or twice before, but might be frustrating for anyone who has never touched a monogram machine before, so keep that in mind.
- 200 embroidery designs - small, large, and endless designs
- 6.75x 4endless embroidery hoop included
- 30 built-in sewing stitches and 5 popular Fonts for monogramming
- Basic Editing of all designs
- 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
The color display and touch screen are a real bonus with this machine, as well as the 5” x 7” embroidery area. Not only does this allow you to experiment with larger monogram areas, but it also allows you to import your own custom monogram designs for maximum creativity. While this machine is not fully outfitted solely for monogramming, the various options available and the 138 built-in stitches make it a great investment for anyone looking to start out on their monogramming journey. As one reviewer notes, “I’m in total love with this machine. I make plushies and I can not believe the world of difference this has made for my work.” Not only does this machine allow you to explore the full range of embroidery options, but it also allows you to expand your monogram work, and is intuitive enough that you won’t feel overwhelmed by hundreds of different stitch options. Still, this machine does have its own learning curve, especially if you’ve never used a Brother machine before, so keep that in mind.
- VIRTUALLY UNLIMITED DESIGN OPTIONS: The built-in memory and USB port allows you to store purchased or custom designs for future use
- EXPANSIVE 5" x 7" FIELD: The PE800 has a unique 5" x 7" stitching field for larger designs and lettering, combining designs, and less rehooping
- LARGE COLOR LCD TOUCHSCREEN: Preview your designs in color and easily switch thread colors for preview on the large LCD color touchscreen
- 138 BUILT-IN EMBROIDERY DESIGNS: This embroidery machine includes 11 lettering fonts (7 English, 3 Japanese, 1 Cyrillic), 10 frame shapes, and 14 border styles
- EXTENSIVE DESIGN EDITING: The PE800 features design editing that allows you to rotate, mirror image, and increase and decrease the size of designs
Combination sewing machine, embroidery machine, and monogram machine, the color display screen, 80 built-in designs, and easy-to-use control panel make this machine the clear winner of best monogram machine for beginners. Not only is this machine affordable, with over 2,500 reviews this is one of the highest reviewed embroidery and monogram machine available on the market. While the sewing area is on the small size, the overall package offered by this machine more than makes up for the smaller size, and with its versatility, it’s hard to pass up this amazing machine. As one of many satisfied reviewers said: “this machine is way better than any sewing machine I have owned.” Whether you’re looking to start out your monogramming journey or invest in a versatile sewing machine option for your craft room, the Brother Sewing Machine SE600 is the best monogram machine for beginners, hands down.
- LARGE COLOR TOUCHSCREEN: The Brother SE-600 computerized sewing and embroidery machine includes a large 37" touchscreen display
- 4" X 4" EMBROIDERY FIELD: This computerized combination machine is built with a 4" x 4" embroidery field with an included hoop, embroidery arm, and foot
- ENHANCED EMBROIDERY FEATURES: The advanced features include change and preview thread colors, move designs on screen, and place lettering on arcs
- CUSTOM EMBROIDERY IMPORTS: The technology in the SE600 allows you to import your own .pes embroidery design files using the built-in USB port
- 103 BUILT-IN SEWING STITCHES: The SE600 computerized combination machine comes with 103 built-in sewing stitches, including auto-sized buttonholes