We all love the versatility of full-sized sewing machines, from their stitch options to their reliability, and there is something so comforting about sitting down to your sewing table and taking on a project, large or small. While we wish we could take our crafting table with us everywhere, sometimes we’re forced to leave our sewing machines behind us while on the go or in a hurry. Whether you’re looking to make quick repairs or want something smaller to stitch in a tight spot, handheld sewing machines can help take the frustration out of hand stitching without forcing you to set up your full-size sewing machine. Mini handheld sewing machines are perfect for clothing repairs and stitching toy seams, as well as a temporary fix for larger seam issues.
|SINGER 01663||$13.49||Read Reviews On Amazon|
|SINGER 01664||$19.48||Read Reviews On Amazon|
|Dutison Portable Sewing Machine||$15.99||Read Reviews On Amazon|
|Msdada Portable Sewing Machine||$13.99||Read Reviews On Amazon|
|Royalsell Handheld Sewing Machine||from $16.99||Read Reviews On Amazon|
What to Keep in Mind
Mini handheld sewing machines are incredible little inventions when used correctly. It’s always important to read through the instructions for your machine before starting to sew, and to keep in mind the size of the project you’re trying to take on. While a handheld mini sewing machine might seem like the perfect option for fixing a pair of split jeans, the thickness of the denim may mess with the delicate tension of these tiny machines, and might just end up making a tiny tear into a tangled mess. Mini handheld sewing machines are far from replacements for a traditional sewing machine, but for emergency repairs and small projects, they are a nifty tool to keep on hand.
Without further ado, here are the best mini handheld sewing machines.
Our Favorite Handheld Mini Sewing Machines In 2019
This sewing machine is meant for quick repairs and temporary basting only. The staple-shaped sewing machine gets the job done for smaller projects and can help temporarily bind together torn and fraying fabrics, but the compact design does make it more prone to dropped stitches and finicky tension. As one reviewer pointed out, “It was alright for the price but it’s not easy to use.” As is the case with traditional sewing machines, you get what you pay for with this little rig, and for under $15 this mini handheld sewing machine is a good purchase to keep in your car or purse in case of emergencies, but might not be as useful in the case of a fashion emergency.
- This is not an all-purpose portable sewing machine - for on-the-spot repairs only
- Cordless, handheld portable mending machine with single thread feed for quick repairs or temporary basting
- Works best on lightweight fabrics
- Includes thread, bobbins, needles and thread spindle
- Requires four AA batteries (not included)
The SINGER 01664 Stitch Sew Quick 2 Handheld Mending Machine is a good option for larger projects and tougher fabrics, as its dual thread design allows it to hold together tougher weaves thanks to the added tension. While this is a more expensive handheld sewing machine option, as one reviewer pointed out, “This is a very small machine. But I was surprised at how durable and sturdy it is. It works great for straight sewing.” This sewing machine may not have any fancy tricks up its sleeve, but the battery operated design and hand-stitch wheel makes it more reliable than smaller handheld sewing machines. The only downside is that this machine is bulkier to carry around, and is not as easy to take on the go as some of the other compact models on the market. However, as an emergency machine for the back of your car or as a beginner sewing machine for any children looking to start sewing for the first time, this is a good basic option to invest in.
- Handheld 2-thread mending machine
- Cordless and easy to maneuver, used for quick sewing repairs requiring a straight stitch
- Double thread feed with automatic winding function and dual speed control
- Includes threads, bobbins, needles and thread spindle
- Batteries not included
This portable sewing machine offers the variety of a traditional sewing machine when it comes to fabric weight, without the bulk. As long as the combined fabrics are thinner than 1.8 mm, this sewing machine rises to the occasion. As one reviewer mentioned, “This is convenient, the lightweight machine can help you fixing with the pants and the shirts… It also works great for my kids‘ toys.” While this handheld machine doesn’t have the highest review track record on Amazon, the variety of the machine itself makes it a must-have for sewing emergencies, on the go or at home. Keep in mind: as with any handheld sewing machine, make sure to follow the instructions to keep your machine working for years to come.
- 【Travel Use& Household】The compact, lightweight and portable design makes this household stitch tool excellent for on-the-spot repairs and serve the emergency needs of stitching.
- 【Easy To Operate】This mini sewing machine is easy to operate, line with the flat edge, automatic moving. Both beginner and professionals can make some DIY arts crafts easily. There are 2 power modes. Can use 4 xAA batteries or DC 6V Power Adapter(Both are Not Included ).
- 【Perfect For Any Material】Suitable for fabric, clothing, silk, jeans, , leather, denim, wool,Hem pants, drapes, holes rips, toy crafts and etc. You can use it to sew hanging curtains as well. Note: The suitable sewing thickness cannot over 1.8mm.
- 【PACKAGE INCLUDES】Portable sewing machine, Instruction Manual, Long-Stick, Threader, 2 Sewing Needles, 9 Bobbins, Scissor and Measuring Tape.
- 【You Are Protected】In the rare circumstance that you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund or replace your order through our 100% Money Back Guarantee.
The slope of this handheld sewing machine makes it easy to use around tight corners and can help make controlling your tension much easier to work with. As noted by one reviewer, “So easy to use and way more powerful than I would have thought! I am really impressed and now can fix small tears and other projects.” With an included miniature tape measure and multiple replacement needles, this is a great handheld mini sewing machine option for an emergency repair kit for around your home, in your purse, or anywhere else you may need a quick stitch fix during your busy day. On top of this, the adjustable tension wheel allows you to fine-tune this simple machine to the project at hand.
- 🌼【PORTABLE AND MIN】 It's a portable, compact, lightweight and practical quick-hitting tool, An invaluable tool when you need a quick repairs and alterations. Perfect for tricky positioning that conventional machines cannot do.Meets various sewing requirements in daily life. An ideal gift for moms, girls, teens, friends and family.
- 🌼【PERFECT FOR ANY MATERIALS】 Great for fabric, clothing, silk, wool, leather, Hem pants, and crafts, etc. Repair drapes without taking them down; repair clothing without taking it off; repair beding without stripping the bed and so on.You can use it to sew hanging curtains as well. 🎃Attention🎃:Please notice that its sewing thickness 1.8MM, too big or too hard materials can't be sewed.
- 🌼【HOW TO WORK? 】 It Needs 4 x AA Batteries or DC 6v Power Adaptor(Batteries and Adaptor Not Include).It can make some repairs that conventional desk machines can't handle, such as sewing curtains in the pole or patching a torn bag without removing the pants. It's easier and more convenient than desktop machines,saving your time and money.
- 🌼【FIT FOR BEGINNER OR MASTER】 It's a simple, convenient machine, easy to use and carry, fit for beginner or master in sewing. It can develop children's work habits and train sewing skills. Ideal gift for your friends who are interested in DIY Great Crafts.
- 💥Note :Please purchase from the seller: Master-Ed,other seller maybe cheaters! Master-Ed has never authorized any sellers to use the MSDADA trademark.
🌼【GUARANTEE】 MSDADA provides 60 days money back guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with this product for any reason, please email us know and we will provide solution or money back guarantee.
This simple sewing machine is perfect for taking on small repairs and last-minute projects, and the surprisingly durable outer plastic makes it perfect for tossing into your emergency seamstress kit before you head out the door. Like one reviewer noted, “for quick repairs and small jobs it does what it’s supposed to do. The motor is surprisingly quick and powerful for something that runs on 4 AA batteries.” While this handy-dandy stitch machine may not be the best option for thicker fabrics, its easy-to-use design and the included fully-wound bobbins make it a great option for on-the-go repairs with none of the frustration. Whether you’re looking to tack together your next great project or are looking to shorten the hem on a pair of work pants, this mini handheld sewing machine is sure to be your new best friend.
- Handheld sewing machine, Single stitch, Battery or power adaptor operated.Handheld sewing machine, Single stitch, Battery or power adaptor operated.
- Compact and lightweight, Portable and easy to carry around.
- Great for on spot repairs and alterations, Requires 4 x AA batteries or DC 6V 600mA power adaptor (not included), 20cm (L) x 7.5cm (H) x 5cm (W)
- Ideal for beginners and novice, Pre-threaded and ready to use, Can be used at home, in the office, car etc
- If the item you received is defective, please contact us for a replacement or refund. Thank you!