Thursday, June 30, 2005
Quilt Show calendar update for July
You can subscribe to this calendar as an RSS feed in a newsreader (like Bloglines) if you like, or simply come to this page to see a calendar of upcoming shows for the next 30 days. Events may also be imported into Outlook or iCal.
If you have an upcoming show you'd like to promote on the Quilt Show Calendar, please e-mail us at planetpatchwork at gmail dot com.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
125-year old quilt joins Batsto Village History Museum
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
Quilt Blocks of the States Series
Tuesday, June 21, 2005
Quilting News Roundup
- Teachers launch Nana's Quilt children's book
- Quilt exhibit raises funds for cancer support
- A special quilt made from grandfather's ties
- Laura Bush to receive quilt made by Mississippi students
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Quilting News Roundup
- Have needle, will quilt
- Quilt maker uses her talents to tell grandmother's history
- "A Symphony of Quilts" show from the Iowa Historical Center Quilters
- Mystery quilt puzzles Wisconsin church congregation
- Florida quilt artist is a sewing machine
- Star quilt shines for breast cancer support project
- Children Craft and Donate Quilt to Lung Cancer Caring Ambassadors Program
Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Welcome to the new Quilt Channel!
If you’ve been to Quilt Channel before, you probably remember it as a directory of links to quilting sites on the web. You probably remember it also as a fairly static site where nothing much changed and where more and more links went dead as time went by. Not that there weren’t still a bunch of great links there, but when every other click leads you to a “file not found” error or the same generic search page by the people who buy up dead domains, it becomes a bit discouraging. What good is a directory if it never gets new information? Even the phone company dumps a new copy of the Yellow Pages on your doorstep once a year.
Well, we’re tired of it too, so we’re hard at work on the next big thing for Quilt Channel. The links directory will be back, this time with automated link submissions and link checking, to get new links into the system quickly and dead links out automatically. This front-page blog will feature the coolest links we encounter as they come into the directory. If it’s quilt shows you’re after, our new comprehensive calendar of quilt shows around the world may be just the thing you need.
There’s more on the way and this page will always be changing, so please bookmark Quilt Channel and come back often.